As an account director, you will be the primary day-to-day contact with multiple clients, leading earned media efforts and coordinating owned and social media efforts as well. You’re not just a client’s partner, but you’re an extension of their team. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating and monitoring client projects and meetings
- Managing account coordinators and/or account executives
- Working on projects with the team’s content strategist or analyst as needed
- Brainstorming content ideas, and assisting in developing blog posts, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Leading media relations work for clients, serving as liaison between reporters and clients
- Pitching reporters and publications and securing earned media coverage
- Leading interview preparation for clients
- Overseeing clients’ social media accounts and strategy
- Taking a leading role in company business development efforts
Given 3Points’ relatively small staff size, each team member must be adaptable. We ask for applicants to be committed and hardworking individuals who are willing to take initiative and responsibility no matter the task.
- 5+ years’ experience in PR, social media, marketing or other related roles.
- Experience in managing client accounts and managing team members.
- An appetite to learn new skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Applicants must be based in Chicago.
- Applicants must be interested in attending industry events on behalf of 3Points.
- Experience in content creation and/or graphic design preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Contacts, Analytics, etc.) is requested.
- A solid understanding of social media platforms—including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, forums, wikis, and blogs, among others—preferred.
Well-suited applicants may apply for the position by submitting a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.