Ready to take on a high level of responsibility while working in a flexible, collaborative team environment? 3Points is a growing boutique PR firm with expertise in the Chicago tech and fintech spaces. We’re looking self-starters who have strong communication skills, are dedicated to client service, and will positively contribute to our office culture.
As an account manager, you will be responsible for assisting in maintaining relationships with various clients day-to-day, as directed by the account directors. Such responsibilities and projects may include:
- Facilitating and monitoring client projects and meetings
- Backing up account directors and filling in for them when needed
- Working on projects with the team’s content strategist or analyst as needed
- Brainstorming content ideas, and assisting in developing blog posts, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Performing media relations work for clients
- Pitching reporters and publications and securing earned media coverage
- Reviewing or preparing interview prep documents
- Serving as liaison between reporters and clients
- Managing award submissions
- Maintaining media lists
- Managing clients’ social media accounts
- Assisting in the company’s business development efforts
3Points is a boutique agency and it’s imperative each team member is adaptable. We ask for applicants to be committed, driven, and hardworking individuals who are willing to take initiative and responsibility no matter the task.
- 2-5 years’ experience in PR, social media, marketing or other related roles
- Experience in managing/leading specific projects or campaigns for clients
- An appetite to learn new skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Applicants must be based in Chicago
- Applicants must be interested in attending industry events on behalf of 3Points
- Experience in content creation and/or graphic design preferred
- Familiarity with Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Contacts, Analytics, etc.) is requested
- A solid understanding of social media platforms—including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, forums, wikis, and blogs, among others—preferred
At 3Points, you will work with some of the leading voices in technology, and you will have opportunities to learn (and utilize) a wide range of PR and communications skills. You will not only be responsible for client initiatives, but you’ll have the ability to help shape our company and your own role as well. Our small size allows us to stay flexible and create a tight-knit team environment, but we’re proud to offer “big company” benefits, such as:
- Flexible time off and work-from-home policy
- 401k program
- Health insurance (including dental/vision)
- Monthly transit stipend
- Professional development stipend for eligible employees
- Potential opportunity to participate in employee shareholder program
Well-suited applicants may apply for the position by submitting a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.