3Points accepts internship applications both during the school year and over the summer. If you are a current college student looking to gain experience in the fast-moving world of communications and marketing, please send a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a design intern at 3Points, you will be responsible for assisting our content team with various design-related projects for both clients and for 3Points itself. Given 3Points’ relatively small staff size, you will play a significant role in the business, and may have large responsibilities and leading roles in certain projects. These may include:
- Working with design strategist to create visual content for blog posts, infographics, social media, and more.
- Bringing new ideas to the table and help us present all 3Points materials in a visually compelling way.
- Contributing to content team meetings and big picture content strategy development.
- Meeting with clients to better facilitate design projects.
Due to the nature of responsibilities given to interns, we ask for applicants to be committed and hardworking individuals who are willing to take initiative and responsibility no matter the task. Applicants must be:
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud’s design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Based in Chicago and able to work from our office.
Applicants should also have:
- An understanding of technology (should be able to solve basic technical issues that arise in an office environment).
- An appetite to learn new skills and a “constant improvement” mindset.
- Experience with other forms of content (writing/editing, photo/video production, website design) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Contacts, Analytics, etc.)
- A solid understanding of social media platforms —including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, forums, wikis, and blogs, among others.