3Points accepts internship applications both during the school year and over the summer. If you are a current college student looking to gain experience in the fast-moving world of communications and marketing, please send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
As a PR intern at 3Points, you will be responsible for assisting account directors and content specialists with projects and day-to-day tasks associated with each account. Given 3Points’ relatively small staff size, you will play a significant role in the business and may have large responsibilities and leading roles in certain projects. These may include:
- Helping edit press releases and pitches
- Assisting with media relations
- Attending industry events after hours and networking with attendees
- Assisting in monitoring business development leads
- Creating/editing blog content for 3Points
- Conducting research projects
- Taking notes during interviews/client meetings
- Creating interview prep documents
- Working with account directors to maintain 3Points social media editorial calendar
- Creating basic designs in Canva and/or other design tools
- Maintaining 3Points’ online files and databases
- Helping organize office operations and procedures
Due to the nature of responsibilities given to interns, we ask for applicants to be committed and hardworking individuals who are willing to take initiative and responsibility no matter the task. Applicants must be:
- Fluent and grammatically-savvy writers.
- Based in Chicago and able to work from our office.
- Interested in attending industry events on behalf of 3Points.
Applicants should also have:
- An understanding of technology (should be able to solve basic technical issues that arise in an office environment).
- An appetite to learn new skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience and/or interest in content creation and/or graphic design.
- Familiarity with Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Contacts, Analytics, etc.) (requested).
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of social media platforms —including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, forums, wikis, and blogs, among others.